Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I'm on Twitter

This isn't really breaking news, cos I've been on Twitter for awhile now.  I started using it probably sometime over the summer when I needed to learn more about it for work.  My co-worker and I set up our own personal accounts and I've been hooked since.  I can't really explain the appeal but I'm on the thing all the time so it's got its hooks in me. 

Why am I bothering to tell you about my Twitter account?  Because slowly people from the book blogging universe found me over there.  Then I started tweeting my blog entries because someone recommended it as a good way to share your blog.  Originally I was keeping the 2 separate because my Twitter account isn't really about books so much as it's about whatever is on my mind at that moment.  But now the two worlds have collided so I figured it was time to add a Twitter button onto my blog.  It's over there on the left.
I love that the bird looks terrified.

I follow a few different book bloggers and it was fortuitous that the day I decide I should just suck it up and add a button is also the day Brenna from Literary Musings asked on Twitter about any good follow buttons.  And Greg from The New Dork Review recommended a site that looked pretty good, so I piggy-backed on that advice and here we are now.

So if you want to follow me, the button is now up!  Just fair warning, the Twitter account isn't book centric so don't expect great literary witticisms.  Not that you're getting those here but you really shouldn't look for them there.