Sunday, February 20, 2011

Playing with Word Clouds/Colorful Pictures Are Pretty

I sometimes use Wordle at work to create word clouds for reports. People are amazingly impressed with word clouds and while they don't provide too much qualitative analysis, they are pretty to look at and apparently that's enough. I decided to play around with it and see what a word cloud of my blog's homepage looks like. Here's what I got. I kind of like these so there's a possibility you'll see them again.


If you'd like to see this cloud up close, just click on this link. It's interesting to see the words that come up often. Gives me an idea of what words I'm using too much. Must expand vocabulary.

I'm interested to see what other people's word clouds look like. Anyone else find words they're using far too often?