Wednesday, May 4, 2011

April Reading Wrap-Up

This past month was a bit of a bookish success for me, especially when compared to March. I managed to fulfill three of my reading goals: read something by a non-white author, read something written before 1970, read something by a non-US author. Granted 2 of those goals were satisfied by one book but that's what you call efficiency, people. Also I finished Soul of the Age so take that Jonathan Bate! With that, here are my month end stats:

Number of books read
5
The Farming of Bones by Edwidge Danticat
Bite Me: A Love Story by Christopher Moore
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
The Mother Tongue by Bill Bryson
Soul of the Age by Jonathan Bate

Total pages read
1,693

Percentage of fiction read
80%

Percentage of female authors
40%

Percentage of white authors
80%

Percentage of authors from the US
40% - the other authors are from England and Haiti

Percentage of eBooks
20%

Percentage of re-reads
40%

Books written by decade
1840s - 20%
1990s - 40%
2000s - 20%
2010s - 20%

I should still work on reading some more non-white authors, although my non-US stats got better. June, my China-Rican reading month, should really help me with that category. Perhaps I'll focus on reading a couple more non-fiction books.