Monday, October 3, 2011

September Reader Wrap-Up

September got away from me. I really don't know how it happened. All of a sudden September is gone and it's already October. I wish I could say I was doing lots of super, awesome, amazing things this month and that's why the month has gotten away from me and I've gotten so little reading done. But that's not the case. Or I did a lot of awesome stuff and then hit my head and I have very odd amnesia. This is all an intro to say I haven't done much reading this month and I don't have a reason why. So really, this intro is a big waste of time. You're welcome.

Number of books read
3
Tracks by Louise Erdrich
The Help by Kathryn Stockett
Racism: A Short History by George M. Fredrickson

Total pages read
840

Percentage of fiction read
67%

Percentage of female authors
67%

Percentage of white authors
67%

Percentage of US authors
100%

Percentage of eBooks
33%

Percentage of rereads
50% - I'm counting the Racism book as one I sorta read before. I at least skimmed it.

Books written by decade
1980s - 33%
2000s - 33%
2010s - 33%

So I guess my goal for October is to just read more. Normally I'm not too worried about how much I actually read but this is just so low. I also think I'll try to read some horror stuff because October is the time for those things. That and pumpkin flavored treats.