Friday, June 8, 2012

Armchair BEA: Ask the Experts (or I'll ask you)

The final chair for Armchair BEA and first up I want to say this has been fun. I've seen some new blogs, talked about books and blogging and won a prize, so all in all, good week!
The last prompt is Ask the Experts: what questions about blogging do you want to ask fellow bloggers? Or maybe you don't have any questions but you'd like to share some advice about your blogging experience?

Oh man, do I have questions. Because really, this whole blogging thing has been trial and error (a lot of error) for me. So here are some questions I'd love to ask fellow bloggers. Obviously don't feel like you have to answer all of them. Or any of them.

What type of post (review, author interview, guest post, rambly-ness, lists) get the most views/comments? Are you surprised by the popular posts?

If you use Twitter, do you use it just for book and blog stuff? What about Facebook? Pinterest? Do you find the micromedia helps your blog?

What do you do about angry comments?

If you publish a post but then see a bunch of errors do you correct them? Or do you figure the post is in the wild now and those errors will teach you to proofread more carefully next time?

What do you do if you get in a reviewing slump? You have a bunch of reviews you need to write but you're just not motivated.

Tell me your secrets, blogging experts.

*I tried writing the second part of this prompt 3 times and this was the least angry version. Because really? You know it all and have no questions?