Wednesday, September 5, 2012

August Reading Wrap Up

Guys, summer is over. I mean I guess summer technically goes until September 21st and it is still hot out (or at least stupid humid) but that doesn't matter because September = Fall = no more Summer. Le sigh.

So I only read 3 books in August. Or rather, I only read 3 new books. See it was Moonstone readalong time (which was 8 kinds of awesome) but that meant there were times when I read the assigned chapters and, not wanting to go over, found myself without my other book to read. So I ended up reading other stuff I had on my Kindle. So I also re-read most of How To Be Black and Attachments. That's my excuse for having such paltry stats this month.

ALSO, I had a wedding update post that I was planning on posting on Sunday. And instead of posting it I...didn't. I got distracted by I don't even know what but it wasn't being online, so that will get posted this upcoming Sunday. Unless I forget again, which is a distinct possibility.

TO THE STATS

Number of books reads
The Flight of Gemma Hardy by Margot Livesey
The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins
How To Be A Woman by Caitlin Moran

Number of pages read
1,325

Percentage of fiction read
67%

Percentage of female authors
67%

Percentage of white authors
100%

Percentage of US authors
33%

Percentage of eBooks
67%

Percentage of challenge books
0% whoops

Books written by decade
1860s - 33%
2010s - 67%

So the readalong messed with the number of books I read/reviewed/plan to review BUT it was ALL THE FUN. Seriously, if you missed out and like gifs and snark and focusing on lesbian love stories that should have been instead of things like serious discussion of themes, you need to play along with the next readalong. Laura is doing a readalong for Grapes of Wrath in October, so you're chance is coming.