Monday, February 4, 2013

January Reading Wrap-Up

Another month down and my reading has ramped up. The Harry Potter readalong helps. And the mini-readathon. And the holidays get in the way of reading time, so comparing January to December really isn't fair. I was trying to think of anything else interesting that's happened this month but, yeah, I already covered the readalong so that's about it. So onto those stats

Number of books read
5
Under the Dome by Stephen King
The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged) by The Reduced Shakespeare Company (review from original post)
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  by J.K. Rowling
The Wordy Shipmates by Sarah Vowell

Total pages read
2,219

Percentage of fiction
80%

Percentage of female authors
60% !! OK, so that's mostly due to HP. Or really JK.

Percentage of white authors
100% umm...hey look how many female authors I read!

Percentage of US authors
60%

Percentage of eBooks
20% but I was very happy to not be lugging King's tome around with me

Books written by decade
1990s - 60%
2000s - 40%

Quite the variety, I know.
I at least know my female reading stats will be decent while this readalong is going on. I should probably make more of an effort in the other categories but I'm enjoying the "whateva whateva, I do wut I want" reading so we'll see.