Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tuesday Top Ten: Auto-Buy Authors

This week's Tuesday Top Ten list (hosted by The Broke and the Bookish) is our Top Ten Three Auto-Buy authors. Here's the thing about this, I don't have 10 authors I auto-buy. Not even close. But I still like the topic and I want to play along. So here is my short list of authors whose books I will buy even if I know nothing about the book. Or if I already have a copy. (Warning: this is is going to be repetitive of my favorite authors lists. So yeah, don't expect surprises here.)

1. Jasper Fforde - I'm putting him first because my friend told me he found a stack of Shades of Grey on sale and asked if I wanted him to pick up one for me. Even though I already have two copies of it. The answer was yes. I haven't read all of his books just yet, because I like to wait for books to come out in paperback. This is actually the reason I had 2 copies of Shades. I wanted to read the book immediately so I bought an e-copy. Then I found another paperback copy on sale and said "Yes, I will also need this one."
Other Fforde books I've read & reviewed/rambled about here
The Eyre Affair
One of Our Thursdays is Missing
The Big Over Easy 
Shades of Grey: The Road to High Saffron
 
2. Christopher Moore - I have already bought and read all of the Moore books out so far. Before I got to that point, I would randomly walk into a book store and pick out whatever Moore book looked interesting that I hadn't already read. It was a sad day when I realized I'd read all of his books already, so trips to the bookstore didn't mean I'd be guaranteed something new by him. I even broke down and got a hardback copy of his most recent book Sacre Bleu, but that's because he came to town for a book signing and I HAD to go. Had to. I may end up getting a copy in paperback as well because I have problems. MOAR MOORE PLZ
Moore books
Bloodsucking Fiends: A Love Story
You Suck: A Love Story
Bite Me: A Love Story
Coyote Blue
A Dirty Job
Fool
The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove
Sacre Bleu: A Comedy D'Art
The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror

3. Bill Bryson - I love Bryson and there's a good chance I've re-read his work the most. Moore and Fforde are close but Bryson's easy to pick up and put down randomly without worrying about losing the story. The only problem I have is it can be difficult to find him in bookstores. Fforde and Moore are easy cos they just show up in Fiction. Bryson is all over. Sometimes history, sometimes travel, sometimes I don't even know. I usually just find him on those tables placed around the store.
BRYSON!
At Home: A Short History of Private Life
The Lost Continent: Travels in Small-Town America
The Mother Tongue: English and How It Got That Way
Neither Here Nor There: Travels in Europe
Shakespeare: The World as Stage

Who are your author auto-buys?