Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Top Ten Characters I Would Crush On

Today's Tuesday Top Ten (hosted by The Broke & The Bookish) is Top Characters I Would Crush On If I Were Also A Fictional Character. First up, why do I have to be fictional to have crushes on these characters? No I'm sorry, the fact that these people are fictional does not stop real life me from having my crushes. So let's change this to "Top Ten characters I totally have crushes on even though they are fictional and I don't know why you keep bringing that up like it makes a difference." In no particular order, let's do this


1. Sirius Black from The Harry Potter series by JK Rowling - I'm taking part in the Harry Potter ALL THE GIFS readalong so Sirius is on the brain and I LOVE HIM. You can try to keep pointing out his faults like it will change my mind or something (Alice) but sorry, nope. Love him. Even when he's all angry and pouty about being stuck at Grimmauld Place he's stick pretty great. And yes he has his faults (wreckless and rash and proud) but I can't hear them over his awesomeness.

2. Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen - OK, so I feel like this is an obvious one and will probably show up on everyone's list but don't care! I enjoy the fact that he sucks at declarations of love (Against my better judgement and the fact that your family is SO LAME, I still like you? You like me? Please check yes or no) and is witty little remarks.

3. Lincoln from Attachments by Rainbow Rowell - What a super sweet nerd. Sure he's not the most outgoing, considering he spends most of the book reading the emails between Beth and Jennifer instead of actually talking to them. But it's cute and not stalkery, I swear.

And because I can't think up enough guys, here are some of my major literary lady crushes

4. Marian from The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins - Marian is the best. The best. She's so smart and you need a mystery solved? Marian's got this, all while deflecting criticism (ladies can do things?) by pretending she's just meek and mild. AND she's part ninja/part velociraptor. Well, not in a literal sense. That would have made a whole different book. But her spirit animal would be a ninja velociraptor.

5. Thursday Next from the Thursday Next series by Jasper Fforde - Thursday kicks ass. She investigates literary crimes oh and also spends half her time living in Book World sorting out mysteries there. She's smart and can fight if she needs to but most of the time she can think herself out of whatever crazy situation she's gotten into. She and Marian together would be a force.

Aaaaand that's all I got. I really thought I'd do a better job with this and apparently not. I'm probably missing some big names, and thus will have to amend this after I see other people's lists.

Here are some people I thought of AFTER publishing this post.  

6. Jonathan Strange from Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell - I considered him for my original list but ultimately left him off. I can't totally remember why. Something about him being a little crazy. Except I mostly wrote this list LAST week cos I mixed up the weeks for this TTT topic. I can't remember my reason for leaving him off and I do like the guy. So can do magic, very clever, super devoted, all good reasons to add him to the list.