Wednesday, May 1, 2013

April reading wrap-up

April was a pretty kick ass month for me, both reading AND otherwise. Not only did I get a bunch of reading done but I was in Ireland and London and that was so much fun and I'm ready to go back now please. Plus the weather around here has gone from miserable to still a lot of miserable but with some sunshine that makes you think it's warmer out than it actually is. So, you know, improvement!

Onto the stats

Number of books read
5
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
Blackbirds by Chuck Wendig
Puppet Shows by Michael Frissore
Moranthology by Caitlin Moran
Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

Total pages read
1,990


Percentage of fiction
80%


Percentage of female authors
60% - this might be the first time in ever this has happened


Percentage of white authors
100% - last month I managed something, but not this time. Dammit


Percentage of US authors
40%


Percentage of eBooks
80% - this would be more unusual except I had a review copy AND made sure to download books before my trip


Books written by decade
2000s - 60%
2010s - 40%

General reading goals are the same as always: read more non-white people, more people from non-US or UK countries, read more stuff written before I was born. How am I currently doing towards that end? Right now I'm reading Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince (written in the 2000s by a British white lady) and A Clash of Kings (written in the 2000s by an American white guy) so yeah, things are going swell.