Monday, June 3, 2013

May reading wrap-up

May has flown by. I can't believe it's already June and it pretty much feels like summer has come to NYC. Air conditioning, have I mentioned how much I love you? This isn't actually in May, but I met up with a bunch of fellow bloggers* this past Saturday, so that kicked ass.

I only got 3 books read this month, but two of them were 700+ pages so that makes up for it. I'll even get around to writing a review sometime this week. Probably.

Anyway, the stats! Here they are

Number of books read
3
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin
True Grit by Charles Portis

Number of pages
1,773

Percentage of fiction
100% - all fiction, all the time

Percentage of female authors
33% - thanks JK, for keeping up my stats these past few months

Percentage of white authors
100% - whomp

Percentage of US authors
67%

Percentage of eBooks
33% - only the Game of Thrones/Song of Ice & Fire book because that is a billion pages

Books written by decade
2000s - 67%
1960s - 33%
True Grit is the first book I've read this year that was written before I was born. Apparently I'm really having trouble with that category

Prior to this book blog I never really had an actual TBR pile. Now however, I have one so I'm trying to make it through that before buying new books. So far it's not going so well. It's not my fault these books keep going on sale.

*In case you're wondering who was there: Alice aka Reading Rambo, Rayna aka Libereading, Amanda aka Dead White Guys, and Emily aka As The Crowe Flies (and Reads). If you don't already, you should subscribed to their blogs because they're all wonderful.