Tuesday, September 3, 2013

August Reading Wrap-Up

Hope everyone had a lovely Labor Day weekend. Except I guess those that aren't in the US and aren't celebrating Labor Day, in which case hope you had a nice weekend? I know last time I talked about how summer was almost over but now summer is actually over and sadz. Except it's autumn which means PUMPKIN EVERYTHING and that really helps with the whole summer-is-over blues.

I had a pretty good reading month. I got some non-whiteys in there, I read a book that turned out to be one of my new favorites, and overall I got a decent amount of reading done. Good times. And now, stats!

Number of books read
5
Native Son by Richard Wright
The Kings and Queens of Roam by Daniel Wallace
The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri
Where'd You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple
We Need To Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver

Number of pages read
1,824

Percentage of fiction
100% - read ALL THE FICTION

Percentage of female authors
60%

Percentage of white authors
60% - look, they're not all white people. I WIN

Percentage of US authors
100% - OK well at least they're not all white men. Baby steps

Percentage of eBooks
0% huh look at that. No Kindle

Percentage of review copies
20%

Books written by decade
1940s - 20%
2000s - 40%
2010s - 40%
Look, look, I even managed one book that's older than me.

So yeah, it's been a pretty good month. Let's see how September goes.