Tuesday, December 3, 2013

November Reading Wrap Up

I know I've said this with pretty much every monthly wrap up, but still, time flies. How is it already December? This is nuts. I am finally ready for all of the Christmas commercials and decorations that I have been bitching about since Halloween. But seriously people, I do not acknowledge your holiday decor until that is the next holiday to come up. Stop expecting me to get ready for Christmas when we haven't had Thanksgiving yet. I don't care if it makes me a hum bug, I'LL NOT HAVE IT. However, as soon as Thanksgiving is over BRING ON THE CHRISTMAS!

Before this becomes a full rant about the appropriate time to put up Christmas decorations, let's get into the books I read in November

Also there will be a Thanksgiving post filled with puppy pictures soon. Except this week to be a bunch of procrastination posts.

Number of books read
7
Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote
Why Have Kids?: A New Mom Explores the Truth about Parenthood and Happiness by Jessica Valenti
Assassination Vacation by Sarah Vowell
The Hours by Michael Cunningham
Attachments by Rainbow Rowell (review from last year; and updated review over here)
Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (and Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling
Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding

Number of pages read
1,765

Percentage of fiction read
57% - look at all the non-fiction I read. I'm surprised

Percentage of female authors
71% - Can I say how proud I am of this? I didn't try to read lady authors. It just sort of happened, which is how I would like all of my reading diversity to work out. PLUS even the books written by guys are focused on women. So that's pretty exciting.

Percentage of white authors
86% - Look! It's not 100%. I mean, I know. It almost is. Baby steps

Percentage of US authors
86% - this was ALMOST all US

Percentage of ebooks
86% - I'm surprised by this since usually physical books win.

Books written by decade
1950s - 14%
1990s - 29%
2000s - 14%
2010s - 43%

I'm pretty happy with how my reading turned out in November. Which is extra exciting because I didn't try to read more or anything. I happened to read a lot of books that were quick reads. And I re-read Attachments and I think I forgot HOW much I love that book. A lot, is the answer.