Friday, May 2, 2014

April reading wrap-up

April was a pretty good reading month for me. So hooray! Time is flying, especially when it comes to wedding stuff, cos damn that is coming up fast. I should have a post about that coming up soon. You know, once I write it.

This has been a month of thrillers, which is probably why I sped through so many books. Needing to know what happens next, really helps getting through the pages. So let's see those stats

Number of books read
5
The Bees by Laline Paul
Sacred by Dennis Lehane
Fun Home by Alison Bechdel
Lexicon by Max Barry
In The Woods by Tana French

Total pages read
1,852

Percentage of fiction
80%

Percentage of female authors
60%

Percentage of white authors
80%

Percentage of US authors
40% - what's this? US authors are in the minority? whoa

Percentage of ebooks
20%

Percentage of re-reads
0%

Percentage of review books
20%

Books written by decade
1990s - 20%
2000s - 40%
2010s - 40%

Books by genre
I-have-no-idea-how-to-categorize-The-Bees - 20%
Thriller/Crime - 60%
Graphic novel - 20%

The genre thing is screwing me already. I'm not sure how to categorize The Bees. A bunch of things I saw group it with dystopian which...not really. Cos it's a bee society and everyone seems happy with how things are run. So while this would be a shitty dystopian world for me, a human, this seems to be how bees operate. So yeah, if anyone reads this, or can make a suggestion based on my review, I'm open.