Tuesday, September 2, 2014

August Reading Wrap-up

Summer is over. I love fall and all, but I'm still pretty bummed come the end of summer. I blame years of school and summer meaning time off, even if I didn't have time off. But still August is over and thus summer is done and we're into fall and PUMPKIN ALL THE THINGS.

I'm super behind on reviews still, apologies for that. I will get caught up. Eventually. Before the end of the year? Hey, anything could happen!

Anyway, that stats!

Number of books read
5
SuperFreakonomics by Stephen Dubner and Steven Levitt (review from first time around)
How To Build A Girl by Caitlin Moran
Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
Where'd You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple (review from last year)
Zombie, Inc. by Chris Dougherty
Maus: A Survivor's Tale I My Father Bleeds History by Art Spiegelman

Number of pages read
1,828

Percentage of fiction read
66%

Percentage of female authors
50%

Percentage of white authors
100% - whitey white white white ::hangs head::

Percentage of US authors
66%

Percentage of ebooks
33%

Percentage of rereads
33%

Percentage of review books
0%

Books written by decade
1990s - 33%
2000s - 16%
2010s - 50%

Books by genre
Economics
Coming of age
Fantasy
Humor
Horror
Graphic novel

Let's see what September and autumn brings. Hopefully more non-white people. I like how I say that like I don't have control over what I read. Like it's up to the fates. OK so hopefully I will quit being a pain and will read something by non-white people.