Sunday, April 30, 2017

What'd Red Do This Week

I know I haven't posted awhile, but I am back and let's see what I've been up to

Citizening
  • It's mid-month which means donation time. This month went to the ACLU again because man, this administration is keeping them busy.
  • Reached out to local reps to support Net Neutrality.
  • Reached out to the chairman of the FCC to keep Net Neutrality protections in place.
  • Reached out to local reps to not allow the DT admin to cause a government shut down
  • Reached out to local GOP rep to continue to vote no on the AHCA
Reading
I finished up an ARC of Rich People Problems, the third book in the Crazy Rich Asians series. It was just as shallow as the others and while it had its problems, I couldn't put it down.
I picked up a copy of Nancy Isenberg's White Trash yesterday from a local indie bookstore, as part of independent bookstore day so I'm going to be starting that. And I have a copy of The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake sitting on my shelves so I'm starting that as well.

Watching
I've been rewatching Burn Notice on Netflix which is a ridiculous but also lots of fun show about spies. And also, pretty much every time we turn it on, Tom or I quotes the SNL sketch "What Is Burn Notice?" because it's ridiculous. (I'd embed the video, but Hulu...) 
What I'm saying is, I recommend both Burn Notice and the sketch.

Let's see how this week goes