Thursday, November 9, 2017

Reeeeeaaaading Sluuuuump

I want to read. Something. But I don't know what.

I have books. I have lots of books. (Too many? Yeah probably, but that's a different post.)

I started Aurora Leigh for a super awesome fun-time readalong but that is a whole long piece in verse and I tried but I can't.

I was going to read Where The Line Bleeds by Jesmyn Ward and while Sing, Unburied, Sing was excellent, it is also somewhat of an emotional commitment and I'm not there right now.

I'm about 100 pages into Tales of Burning Love by Louise Erdrich and I have nothing bad to say about what I've read so far, but I am also not super into it at the moment.

So right now I don't know what I do want to read. I just know what I don't want to read. Which is not super helpful.

And that's where I am. I suppose I shall listen to the Hamilton soundtrack on repeat until I figure out what to read. A real sacrifice, I know. (Like I'm not listening to the soundtrack on repeat anyway...)